Scotch Creme Eggs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
Scotch Creme Eggs – These fun versions of Scotch eggs are actually sweet! They’re no bake and easy to make, so kids will love making them. Even more, they’ll love eating them! Watch our how to video here. For this recipe try our buttercream recipe here.
- About 300g vanilla sponge cake, Madeira loaf works well 8 creme eggs
- 2 generous tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam
- 2-3 generous tbsp vanilla buttercream frosting
- 50g desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1. Use your fingers to crumble the sponge into a medium sized bowl. Add the jam and 2 tbsp buttercream to the crumbs and initially stir with a spoon or blunt knife, then carry on mixing together with your hands so that the crumbs are well mixed with the jam and frosting. Check the consistency by squeezing a small ball together, if it doesn't hold easily, add more frosting, thoroughly mix in then check consistency again.
- 2. Divide cake mixture into 8 equal balls. Take one of the balls and flatten it into a thick disc shape, then place a creme egg in the centre. Close the cake disc around the creme egg, then roll covered egg between your palms until smooth.
- 3. Roll ball in toasted coconut, firmly pressing coconut into the ball to help the coating stick to the cake mixture.
- 4. Repeat until all of the creme eggs are covered and coated. Chill in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes to firm up. Will keep in the fridge stored in an airtight container for up to a week. Best served at room temperature.