Fyffes Frozen Chocolate Banana Popsicles
- 4 ripe bananas
- 200g milk or dark chocolate
- Crushed peanuts or various sprinkles
- Thick straws or wooden popsicle sticks
- Peel bananas and cut each one in half crossways. Insert a straw or popsicle stick into each piece through the cut end. Place on a tray then cover in clingfilm and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- Once bananas are frozen, melt the chocolate, either by placing broken up chocolate in a heat proof bowl and setting the bowl over a pot half-filled with kettle-boiled water, stirring the chocolate until it’s completely smooth. Or, melt in the microwave in short 10 second intervals, stirring chocolate in between until chocolate has melted.
- Once chocolate has been melted, place the chopped nuts or sprinkles nearby in a shallow dish, then pour the melted chocolate into a drinking glass. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Remove frozen bananas from the freezer. Dip one into the chocolate, then immediately roll in nuts or sprinkles. Place on the prepared tray. Do this for the remaining popsicles until they’re all dipped.
- Serve immediately, or wrap each popsicles in clingfilm and return to the freezer. Will keep for about 2 weeks.