Our pesto pita pizzas are super easy to make. You will love them. Always make sure to have an adult with you when you are cooking. If you do not have time to make pesto you can easily use a shop bought pesto. Enjoy.
- Large bunch of fresh basil
- 45g (1/3 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 118ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 3 pita breads
- 2-3 slice of ham chopped
- Ask an adult to pre heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- To make the pesto simply add all of the pesto ingredients into a container with high sides and use a hand blender to blitz until smooth.
- Next cut each of the pita breads in half and place on a baking tray.
- Spread pesto over each of the pita breads.Then top with mozzarella and ham.
- Now ask an adult to put the baking tray into the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.