Fyffes Banana Snowmen & Penguins
These banana snowmen and penguins are super cute and super yummy! 1 banana will make 3 snowmen or 2 penguins.
For the snowmen (1 banana makes 3 snowmen)
- 1 carrot
- Banana, cut unto thick slices
- Strawberries, cut in half
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 2 squares chocolate, melted
- Wooden skewers
For the penguins (1 banana makes 2 penguins)
- 50g Dark chocolate, melted
- Orange & yellow Smarties, cut in half
- White chocolate chips
- Metal tray
- To make the snowmen, start with making the carrot noses. Cut a few slices from the carrot, then cut the slices into thin triangles to make mini carrot noses. Keep the noses safe in a small bowl.
- Slide 3 slices of banana onto a wooden skewer then slide on the snowman’s strawberry hat on the end of the skewer. Put the snowman onto a plate or board and then it’s time to decorate!
- Push 2 broken pieces of pretzel into the middle banana for his arms. Use raisins to make buttons and put 3 down the body of the snowman. For his face, dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate and draw a mouth and 2 eyes on the snowman’s face. Then, gently press a little carrot nose onto the face of the snowman, and you’re done!
- To make the penguins, put a piece of clingfilm onto a large tray.
- Cut a banana in half then dip the round part of the banana into some melted chocolate, then roll just the back of the banana in chocolate so that you have a “white” tummy that doesn’t have any chocolate on it.
- Put the banana onto the tray with the clingfilm, try to keep the tummy facing up.
- While the chocolate is still melted on the banana, stick 2 white chocolate chips on the face for eyes. For the beak, dip half a Smartie in some chocolate and stick it to the penguin’s face under the eyes.
- For his feet, dip 2 more Smarties halves in chocolate and stick them to the bottom of the banana. And finally, dip a toothpick in melted chocolate and draw a dot of chocolate onto each white chocolate chip to finish his eyes. Now you’re done!